An introduction to Git source code management system, good for all levels of expertise.
Included will be:
- An overview of what git is
- Why use git?
- git vs. github
- A peek into how git works
- A hands-on demo of using git on the command line
- A hands-on walkthrough of the general steps to contribute to an open source project (and fix this typo)
If you would like to participate in the hands-on portions you’ll need to do the following:
- install git on your laptop (we’ll use terminal on mac and git-bash on windows to interact with git)
- create a github account
- bring your laptop to the meeting
We’ll also be doing the following lightning talks before the meeting:
- Automating Emails with Mailchimp - Sean Dague
- Overview of Open Hardware Summit - Joe Apuzzo
- Sign up for one!