MQTT is a Publish / Subscribe data protocol that’s used throughout the Internet of Things space. But it can also be used for all kinds of real time data streams, including turning government provided open data into open event streams.
In this talk, we’ll explore:
- various techniques in handling real time events on the web
- what a publish / subscribe model for software is
- what the MQTT protocol looks like under the covers
- and dive into 2 applications using MQTT to see how it all comes together
Sean Dague is president and founder of HV Open, and has spoken over the years on the subjects of Virtualization, Cloud, Time in Software, Internet of Things, and many more. He’s current a Developer Advocate at IBM working in the areas of Cloud, Containers, Serverless, and Open Source.
We’ll also be doing the following lightning talks before the meeting:
- None yet, please propose below!